PRESIDENT OBAMA EXECUTIVE ORDER
1. Main points of the Executive Order:
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will be expanded to people who are older than 30 who came to this country before turning 16 years old and have been present since January 1, 2010.
- Parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who have been present in the country since January 1, 2010 will be able to request deferred action and employment authorization for three years.
- The “Secure Communities” program will end and immigration officials will target only those who have been convicted of certain serious crimes or who pose a danger to national security.
- Provisional waivers of unlawful presence will be expanded to include the spouses and sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents and the sons and daughters of U.S. citizens.
3. We recommend that in the meantime you collect the following documetns:
Canal Alliance will be conducting informational forums in the next few weeks. For more information call 415-454-2640.
- Birth Certificate
- Another form of ID
- Proof of presence in the U.S. when announcement happened (Receipt, bill, etc)
- Remeber to file your taxes
- Start taking English classes
- Prevent any problems with the law