Canal Alliance is committed to ensuring a fair and accurate count of all Marin County residents in the 2020 Census. In order to reach some of our most at-risk communities, Census workers in our area will need to be trusted individuals that can communicate with our diverse neighbors.
Apply today for local Census Jobs at https://2020census.gov/en/jobs
View local opportunities in Marin and surrounding areas: https://www.census.gov/about/regions/los-angeles/jobs/california.html
2020 Census Job Qualifications
You may be eligible if:
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a valid Social Security number.
- You have a valid e-mail address.
- You complete an application and assessment questions. (For some positions, the assessment questions may be available in Spanish; however, an English Proficiency Test may also be required.)
- You are registered with the Selective Service System if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
- You pass a criminal background check and a review of criminal records (including fingerprinting) as part of the Census Bureau’s hiring process.
- You do not engage in any partisan political activity while on duty.
- Your current employment (including law and regulatory enforcement jobs) is compatible with Census Bureau employment (reviewed on a case-by-case basis).
- You are available to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- You commit to completing training. (If offered a job, you will be paid for this training at a training pay rate.)
Most jobs require employees to:
- Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Have access to a computer with Internet and an e-mail account (to complete training).