Help hardworking immigrants who face financial challenges during the COVID-19 crisis by donating to our Client Support Fund
If you have any questions about the Client Support Fund or donating to Canal Alliance, please call Emily Maloney at 415-306-0445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE 4/23: 11:04am*
Please refer to this page for any incoming program updates*
Due to concerns regarding the transmission of the novel coronavirus, Canal Alliance is making changes to program operations and schedules. As a community-based organization, it is Canal Alliance’s role to keep our staff and clients safe and to be a bridge of communication of factual information and a source of calm. Canal Alliance is committed to supporting our clients and community despite any closures. We will provide community information and support by both keeping our main doors open and through our phone lines.
Immigration Legal Services
- If you are not a Canal Alliance client and would like to have a consultation, we currently offer free initial consultations by phone. To schedule an appointment please contact us at 415-306-0437 or email@example.com.
- There are also great online screening tools to determine potential immigration relief. Check out Immi and Immigrants Rising.
Canal Alliance current clients:
- If you have a scheduled phone appointment with us, please make sure you have phone service and privacy at the time of your appointment.
- If you have a question about your case: If you have the number of the person in charge of your case, please call that person directly and leave a message. If you don’t have the number of the person responsible for your case, please call 415-306-0437 and leave a message with your full legal name, including all last names, and a short explanation of the reason you are calling.
- As our offices are closed, document drop-off must be coordinated directly with Canal Alliance staff. We will contact you by phone or email to make an appointment to pick up or drop off any documents.
- If you are a DACA beneficiary, please see our updates and resources here.
Other important immigration legal updates are available here.
Social Services Program Updates
The Canal Alliance main line and case managers will continue to serve our community through phone services. We also have the ability to assist clients through phone appointments to ensure people have access to information and key services during these uncertain times.
Please schedule a phone appointment if you are sick or would prefer to stay home. Call our main line to schedule an appointment at 415-454-2640 from Monday through Friday.
***Please note clients who have appointments already scheduled with Canal Alliance will be contacted by our team and offer appointments.
Food Pantry Updates
We regret to inform you that tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, we will not offer our food bank. The health authorities of the State of California have announced new safety measures related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) that affect our food distribution service and we have to adjust our practices in order to serve the community. Please share this information, follow us on Facebook, or call us for more information. We will do our best to restore this service next week.
Education Program Updates for UP! and ESL
On Thursday, March 12th, the school district issued a two-week cancellation of classes. On Monday, March 16th, Marin County was put on shelter in place. In partnership with the district and community, Canal Alliance will be closing all educational programming until shelter in place is lifted.
During the program closure, staff will be working to support students, families, and clients through phone and individual case-management.
We are also working to help University Prep UP! students by setting up online tutoring.
Workforce Development Updates
Workforce Development classes canceled until further notice. Please contact the Workforce Development team for more information.
Tax preparation services are canceled until further notice.
Even if *some* of our doors are closed, we are here for you!