- Canal Alliance Client Support Fund: We have distributed financial assistance to almost 1,500 families to help support their urgent needs. We are currently not accepting new applications. Beginning May 18, 2020, you can call us and leave a message to be added to our financial assistance waitlist.
- Rental Assistance in Marin: To add yourself to the waitlist for rental assistance through the County of Marin, you can call 415.473.7191 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immigrant Families Fund: For undocumented immigrants in the Bay Area, offered by Mission Asset Fund. Requirements include having a bank account and an email address.
- Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants (DRAI): The state of California has created the Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants (DRAI) project which provides one-time, state-funded disaster relief assistance to undocumented adults.
- If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can apply by calling the hotline run by Catholic Charities at 415.324.1011, open Monday – Saturday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- More information is available on their website here.
Unemployment and Safety Net
- Public Benefits – There are many programs that can support families meet their essential needs, such as food support, healthcare, and financial assistance. Even if you are undocumented, your children may be eligible for this support.
- To enroll in Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWorks, call the Public Assistance Call Center: 1.877.410.8817
- You can enroll for CalFresh in 10 minutes online here
- Marin Community Clinics can help you enroll in Covered CA, Medi-Cal, Path to Health (primary care coverage for undocumented patients at MCC), CalFresh, CalWorks, Medicare (information only), and CMSP. For assistance call 415.448.1500 or email email@example.com
- Need help filing California Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance, or Paid Family Leave?
- Free assistance is available from Canal Alliance – call 415.454.2640 to schedule an appointment with a case manager.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice and the Filipino Bar Association of Northern California (FBANC) are also offering an Unemployment Insurance assistance line. Call (415) 484-2209 and leave a voicemail to request a consultation.
- Am I Eligible? Immigration-Related Eligibility Requirements for Benefits Under New Federal Laws
- Legal Aid of Marin – Housing evictions or other disputes, and employment issues. Legal Aid of Marin is available by telephone and email. For new appointments, contact 415-492-0230 or online request.
Broadband Internet Resources
- Low Cost Internet Service – San Rafael COVID-19 Internet Options
- PG&E will not disconnect services during this time for non-payment. During the pandemic, different payment plans and discounts are also available to certain households. Find more information here.
- We encourage DACA beneficiaries who can to self-file their renewal (unless they have had any contact with the criminal legal system, in which case it is important to consult with an immigration attorney). See our blog post for more information and step-by-step instructions on how DACA beneficiaries can renew on their own here.
Canal Alliance App
Spanish-language radio programs
- Cuerpo Corazón Comunidad: conversations on Medical and Behavioral health