Shelter in Place Order
- Marin HHS – Shelter in Place Frequently Asked Questions
- San Rafael Police Department – Shelter in Place Enforcement
Emergency Tenant Protections
- There are emergency protections in place for tenants in Marin. To activate these protections, you need to notify your landlord in writing and provide proof your loss of income is tied with the effects of COVID-19 and/or the Shelter-in-Place order. For more information and sample letters, click here.
- If your landlord harasses you after you have notified regarding your inability to pay rent, or forces you to pay it, that is against the law. Please contact Legal Aid of Marin. Legal Aid of Marin is also available if you have other questions regarding tenant rights or need help sending this written notice to your landlord. You can schedule a phone consultation by calling 415.492.0230 or submitting an online request.
- You can get on the waitlist for Marin County emergency rental assistance by calling 415.473.7191, emailing COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org, or by submitting a request online here. More information on the program is available here.
- Community Flyer from Legal Aid of Marin with an overview of your rights as a tenant in Marin in the time of COVID-19
- More information on tenant rights and other protections during COVID-19 are available from Legal Aid of Marin. You can find answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Know-Your-Rights as a worker during COVID-19:
Tax Relief Program
- IRS – Economic impact payments: What you need to know