- This event has passed.
Census Jobs Workshops
December 7 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
On Saturday 12.07 Canal Alliance will be hosting a workshop at the Pickleweed library for census jobs, from 1 to 4 pm. This is a great opportunity to earn an extra income while helping our community.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.*
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to complete a training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Most jobs require employees to:
- Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
* Non-citizens may be hired in certain circumstances. Consistent with law, the Census Bureau will hire non-citizen translators as census takers who are legally entitled to work in the U.S. on an as-needed-basis during 2020 peak field operations, if there are no available citizens who can be hired with the necessary non-English language skills. Census Bureau recruiting and hiring systems will be updated consistent with this approach.