THIS VOlunteer opportunity currently has a waitlist
The number of volunteer slots varies due to the changing schedules of our current volunteers. We do keep a waitlist of volunteer inquiries and prioritize those who have applied the earliest. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you when a spot becomes available. Please use our volunteer interest form to be added to this waitlist.
The Canal Alliance Food Pantry offers fresh produce and packaged foods for hundreds of families in the Canal neighborhood every Tuesday. Each week, volunteers provide support in unloading food from truck, packing grocery bags, stocking shelves, handing out food in the walk-through system, and
clean up and take down of the Food Pantry as it closes.
18 years or older.
Youth 15 to 17 years of age may participate but will require written parental consent and MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering.
Tuesday mornings starting from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
Must be able to commit to a minimum of one month (4 weeks).
- Fill out Canal Alliance forms through DocuSign (forms will be emailed by the Volunteer Coordinator).
- Attend Virtual Onboarding Training prior to volunteering.
- Set-up and breakdown of the Food Pantry.
- Provide support in unloading food and stocking shelves.
- Oversee safety in the walk-through system.
- Adhere to the safety procedures and protocols.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be able and lift 20-30lbs, job entails repetitive movements and bending.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 3 hours.
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
All volunteers must adhere to the following COVID-19 Volunteer Guidelines, including wearing a K-N95 mask at all times.