The Food Pantry provides fresh produce and packaged foods for hundreds of families in the Canal neighborhood every Tuesday. Our volunteers help unload food from truck, pack grocery bags, stock shelves, hand out food in the walk-through system, and clean up, The number of volunteer slots varies due to the changing schedules of our current volunteers.
Ages: 18 years or older
Youth 15 to 17 years of age may participate but will require written parental consent and MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering.
Tuesday mornings starting from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
Must be able to commit to a minimum of one month (4 weeks).
- Fill out Canal Alliance forms through DocuSign (forms will be emailed by the Volunteer Coordinator).
- Attend a virtual Onboarding Training prior to volunteering.
- Set-up and breakdown of the Food Pantry.
- Provide support in unloading food and stocking shelves.
- Oversee safety in the walk-through system.
- Adhere to the safety procedures and protocols.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be able and lift 20-30lbs, job entails repetitive movements and bending.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 3 hours.
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
Volunteers must adhere to the following COVID-19 Volunteer Guidelines, including wearing a K-N95 mask at all times.