El Salvador TPS Re-Registration 2023
September 13, 2023
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) extended the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation for El Salvador through March 9, 2025. On September 8, 2023, DHS announced it is extending the re-registration period for El Salvador so that existing TPS beneficiaries may continue to re-register through March 9, 2025. This means that applicants may continue to re-register after the September 10, 2023, deadline.
Although the deadline is extended, it is important to renew your TPS as soon as possible if you have not already. Unlike in the past years, this extension is NOT automatic. To schedule an appointment to renew your TPS with Canal Alliance, please call 415-306-0437. If you are experiencing financial difficulties and are unable to pay the fees, please let our staff know when you call.
You will need to bring the following to your appointment:
- Two passport-style photographs
- Your most recent work permit, even if it is expired
- Your most recent passport, even if it is expired
- Check/money order for $85 biometrics fee
- Check/money order for $410 application fee
- Money order for $200 Canal Alliance professional fee (we cannot accept cash, checks or credit cards)
- If you did not renew your TPS with Canal Alliance in 2018: copy of your application
- If you have been arrested or convicted of a crime since your last renewal: certified records from the court.
IMPORTANT: you must bring ALL of the above-listed documents to your appointment. We will not assist you if you do not have all documents ready.
For more information about TPS, please visit the US Citizenship & Immigration Services website.