Thanks to a partnership with United Way of the Bay Area and the Earn It! Keep it! Save it! Program, Canal Alliance will be a Marin County site for Free Tax Filing Services this spring. Walk-in services will be available on Saturdays from 10:00am – 5:00pm between February 2, 2019 and April 13, 2019.
To be eligible, you must already have a Social Security Number or ITIN and should bring the following:
- Proof of identification (photo ID) for each adult on tax return
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return W-2s from all jobs held in 2018 All 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms
- List of calculated self-employment expenses Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Your household’s health coverage information (Health Coverage Statements: Forms 1095-A, B or C)
- Child care provider information, if any (total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number)
- Landlord’s name, address and phone number for CA Renter’s Credit
- Last year’s tax return
- Savings and checking account numbers, as well as the routing number for direct deposit of refund
- You can also save time by completing your Intake Sheet (IRS Form 13614c) at home and bringing it in with you. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Canal Alliance at 415.454.2640.