Become a U.S. Citizen
U.S. citizenship provides greater security and opportunities for lawful permanent residents who are eligible to apply. In addition to safety from deportation, U.S. citizenship gives people the right to vote and the ability to sponsor family members to immigrate to the United States.
Basic eligibility requirements for U.S. citizenship
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a lawful permanent resident (green card holder)
- Continuously resided in the U.S. for at least 5 years since becoming a permanent resident
- Be physically present in the U.S. for at least 2½ out of the past 5 years
- Be of good moral character
- Be able to understand, speak, read and write English
- Understand U.S. government and history concepts
Contact Immigration Legal Services at (415) 306 0437 for a consultation with our team.